The Panorama of Budapest is not only an unforgettable experience, but an illustration of the capital’s history. The banks – added to the World Heritage List of UNESCO – offer one of the world’s most outstandingly beautiful urban cityscapes. The site, insribed in 1987, streches from the Chain Bridge to the Technical University on the Buda side; an area containing the Gellert Baths, the Gellert Hill with the Statue of Liberty and the Citadel, furthermore the building ensemble of the Buda Castle.
An outstanding building of the hungarian Art Nouveau era built in 1907 as the headquarters of the insurance company Gresham of London in Budapest. It is today the Four Seasons Hotel Budapest Gresham Palace, a luxury hotel managed by Four Seasons Hotels.
The history of the academy began in 1825 when Count István Széchenyi offered one year’s income of his estate for the purposes of a Learned Society. Its task is the cultivation of science, the support of research and development and the representation of hungarian science.
The first and oldest permanent bridge across the Danube on the entire hungarian Danube-section. Its construction was launched and financed by Count István Széchenyi. The works began in 1839 and the completed bridge was formally opened on 20th November 1849.
The 96 meters tall legislative institution built in eclectic, neo-gothic architecture is Europe’s second and the world’s third largest parliament building, and also the home of the Holy Crown. The number 96 refers to the conquest of the later Kingdom of Hungary in 896.
The second oldest public bridge in Budapest leads up to Margaret Island, its two parts are enclosing 165 degrees with each other. The reason for this unusual geometry is the extension connecting Margaret Island which was hastily inserted into the original design two decades after construction.
The Fisherman’s Bastion was built on the location of the former castle walls by Frigyes Schulek between 1895-1902 in neo-romanesque style. Its name originates from the Fisherman’s Guild that was assigned to the protection of this section of the walls during the medieval ages.
The construction of the gothic royal palace began in the middle of the 14th century and lasted over a hundred years. Since the reconstruction works of 1960 the old shape of the Palace is not recognizable. Today it is the home of the National Gallery, the Széchenyi Library and the Budapest History Museum.
The fort on top of the Gellért Hill was built by the Habsburg dynasty after breaking down the war for independence of 1848-1849. Currently part of the UNESCO World Heritage along with the banks of the Danube and the castle hill.
References to healing waters in this location are found from as early as the 13th century, during the Turkish reign baths were built on this particular site. The worldwide known and renowned hotel and bathing facility opened its doors in 1918.
The Budapest University of Technology and, in Hungarian abbreviated as BME, English official abbreviation BUTE, is the most significant University of Technology in Hungary and is also the oldest Institute of Technology in the world, having been founded in 1782.
The structure of the Palace of Arts, officially opened in March 2005, covers a ground area of 10,000 m² and the total floor space of the building is 70,000 m². It was designed by Zoboky, Demeter and Partners Architectural Office and it received the Prix d’Excellence of FIABCI in 2006.
The area of the theatre can be separated into three parts. The central part is the nearly round building of the auditorium and stage, the second is the U-shaped industrial section around it and the third, the park surrounding the area, with memorials commemorating Hungarian drama and film industry.
The state-of-the-art cultural, entertainment and shopping center was opened in 2013. The building, designed by Dutch architect Kas Oosterhuis, incorporates two turn-of-the-century warehouses on the quay into a conjoining glass shell shaped like a whale’s head.
The main building, planned by Miklós Ybl as the Main Customs Office in Neo-Renaissance style was finished in 1874. Corvinus defines itself as a research university oriented towards education, where the scientific performance of the academic staff measures up to the international standard.